Starting with natural systems as a base then increasingly building details for improved farming, this workshop covers key concepts of Permaculture Market Gardening.
How natural systems play out on a farm-scale (hydrology, geology, climatology)
- Whole farm planning, design & decision-making
- Understanding & using ecosystem services
- Mapping & designing for your farm’s resources
- Permaculture farm principles shown through working projects from Zach’s farm
- The Permabed System designed by Zach (introduction, design process)
- Garden patterning for diversity, guild crops and rotation
Cover Crops - Zach Loeks-Tools/techniques
- The future of sustainable foods and picking crop varieties for a new agriculture.
- Planning holistically for your lifestyle