An interactive, full-day hands-on workshop on how to successfully store and enjoy perfectly crisp fruits and vegetables year round
- Retrofitting existing spaces vs. building new, achieving optimal temperature, humidity and light conditions
- Choosing the right fruit and vegetable varieties, storage mediums (soil and clay) and containers (crates, bins and bags), troubleshooting all potential problems, etc.
- In-depth tour of our 600 sq. ft. walk-in root cellar
- 2 take-home guides on root cellar / retrofit designs and specific storage needs of fruits and vegetables
- A design class and expert advice to create your own custom storage plan based on the unique needs of your family and/or farm